According to a consortium of four companies (TomTom, Tech Mahindra,…
At the opening event at Automechanika on Tuesday morning, 16 September, the 2014 Innovation Awards were handed out to seven automotive companies. They were selected by a jury out of 120 entries on criteria including innovative content, functionality, aftermarket relevance, safety and quality and contribution to environmental protection.
The winners are:
- Continental with the VDO REDI-Sensor. This pre-programmed multi-brand type pressure sensor allows workshops to prepare for the introduction of TPMS in Europa.
- Texa with the multi-brand product TMD MK3 that combines fleet management capabilities and telemobility and can be connected to the vehicle’s OBD socket.
- Pannix – a new powerful tyre sealant that is biodegradable and has a shelf life of ten years.
- Texa – with Augmented Reality Glasses that allows for having all the technical data right in front of one eyes while repairing.
- MAHA – with its MFP 3000, the first test bench allowing a test drive and performance testing of safety systems.
- Car-O-Liner – with Vision, a state of the art measuring system that guides the automotive professional through the entire repair process.
- Saleri – with a modular pump for controlling the flow of fluid inside the cooling circuit.
We are planning to bring you more news on these and others innovations. In the meantime, sign up for our newsletter and you won’t miss a thing.